Everything but the kitchen sink…
- Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town: I decided to sit down the other day and actually write out my Christmas List. Now this would be the list of things I’m buying for other people, not what I want. It’s incredibly difficult for me to write a Christmas List for the things I want since I never really know what I want. Anyway…I discovered that I’ve got most of the list filled out. Not bought, mind you, but I definitely know what I want to get people. And really…isn’t that half the battle?
- Crafty Ashley: On Saturday, my friend Ashley and I went to the local craft fair. We missed getting to go together last year because I left early for Thanksgiving. This year I’m, again, leaving early for Thanksgiving, but Ashley also is going to Europe with her husband. So, when we found out that they had moved the craft fair up to this past weekend instead of this coming weekend, we were so excited. We have a lot of fun just seeing all the things that people take copious amounts of time to perfect. I bought a couple Christmas gifts there, too.
- Mail from a Psycho: A couple weeks ago, I was buying some cards at Hallmark and found the perfect Get Well Soon card for Tyler Hansbrough, Psycho-T, since he’s been sitting out practice and games with his stress reaction. It actually said, “Get Well Soon from one of your biggest fans.” No joke. Anyway, I had to buy it and send it. Surprisingly enough, on Monday, I received a response from Tyler. Someone in the Carolina Basketball office kindly drafted a sweet thank you note to me with words that made it obvious SOMEONE had read my card, and Tyler personally signed it. It was a shock to me because I never really expect them to respond to me. I mean really…who am I that they need to take the time to do that? But I really did appreciate it. It made my otherwise horrid day much more pleasant.
- Horsepower: For the first time this NFL season, I actually looked at the standings. If the season ended today, the Colts would get a wild card spot in the playoffs. I can hardly believe it. I guess hope really can spring up when you least expect it. I was really happy with the way they played against the Texans in the second half. You could see from the stats that Peyton was patient in dissecting the Texans’ defense in the first half and then just let ’em have it in the second. Now that, my friends, is REAL Colts Ball. Of course I reserve the right to be highly annoyed with them after this Sunday night when we play the Chargers…a team we apparently have some kind of mental block on.
- The Enemy Within: NBC cancelled the new series My Own Worst Enemy this past week, and after seeing Monday’s episode, I’m incredibly hacked off at them for it. It was getting so good and a whole new can of worms was opened. Now, we’ll never know the outcome. Thanks a lot viewing public…yeah…that’s you I’m talking to. 🙂
- Lynch Mob: John Lynch, whom I’ve spoken about on this blog before, announced his retirement from the NFL on Monday afternoon in Tampa, FL. While I completely understand and support his decision, I’m still very sad to see him go. He’s going to start broadcasting games, so that should be fun if I ever get to see one of the games he does. But his undying devotion to his teammates is rarely, if ever, matched in the league. Thanks for the memories, John.
Ok. That’s all I got for now. In the next couple days, I’m going to put up my solution to the overtime problem in college football and the NFL. It’s kind of a mix of both worlds. We’ll see how you like it. Stay tuned…