- I can’t tell you how terribly excited I am that I walked out of my house this morning to go to work and I actually got a little bit of a chill. The wind was blowing, I felt no humidity, and the high today is actually in the 80s. YAHOO!!!! Please can this stick around for a while?
- I was at a conference in St. Louis last week, so there was a drought on the blog. Sorry about that. A complete run down of my “exciting” time in St. Louis is coming soon.
- Last night the NFL team owners voted unanimously in the 5th ballot to name Roger Goodell (above, NFL VP and COO since 2001) the new commissioner, succeeding Paul Taglibue. This is exciting. I was pulling for this guy once the names of the finalists were released and Rich McKay wasn’t one of them. If for no other reason, but that he was the only one actually on the NFL payroll. Others had done legal work for the NFL, but none of them had really started at the bottom of the barrel like this guy. He worked his way up from an intern position in 1982…and that’s something I can really get behind. Interesting tidbit about the new commissioner’s family…his father was an appointed U.S. Senator hired to complete the term of the late Robert F. Kennedy.
- The Colts’ first preseason game is tomorrow (Thursday) night against the St. Louis Rams in St. Louis. (How mean is that…my conference was last week…it couldn’t be this week…NOOOO!!) Tony Dungy has promised me the 1st string offense will run 15 plays. I’m holding him to that…while I hold my breath that no one gets hurt. 46 days until I see the Colts play in the RCA Dome in Indy.
- Tomorrow (Thursday) is my birthday…one year older…yippee.